Monday, September 24, 2012

King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table

This is Ambrosius, he is my rat -- He was named after King Arthur's grandfather! And now on to my essay...
"King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table" by Roger Lancelyn Green is a compellation of tales from the life of King Arthur. It includes what are believed to be “real” accounts and fictional accounts of his life. Because the thesis theme for this year is “Historical” kings and queens, it is hard to relate this week’s reading to our thesis themes. Although it is difficult to relate to our actual thesis projects, the novel has some interesting themes including, chivalry, brotherhood, magic, and adventure.

In this adventure we call thesis, nothing is irrelevant. Ideas can be taken from all parts of life to help us grow and develop as people and as artists. One of the important themes mentioned above is brotherhood. My peers will be an excellent resource in working through my thesis. They will not only be able to provide me with useful feedback on my artwork, but different takes on my story etc. Thinking about thesis as a competition to get into a show, or impress the department chair will get me no where. Simply rejecting ideas is not an option. Not only should I be open to the ideas of my peers, but I should also be willing to help them in return.


No comments:

Post a Comment